The Polish Plastics Pact
Polski Pakt Plastokowy (The Polish Plastics Pact), launched in September 2020, is led by Kampania 17 Celów, a Polish sustainable business initiative. The pact is in line with the other national Plastics Pacts and the regional European Plastics Pact in the Ellen McArthur Foundation’s Network. Members of this initiative are working together to achieve the following 2025 targets:
- Eliminating unnecessary and problematic plastic packaging through redesign, innovation, and alternative delivery models
- A 30% reduction (by weight) in virgin plastic consumption across plastic packaging put on the market (in absolute reduction, ie. based on the tonnages put on the market in 2018)
- Ensuring that 100% of plastic packaging is reusable or recyclable
- Ensuring an average of 25% recycled content across all plastic packaging
- Establishing the effective support of plastic packaging collection and recycling system so that a minimum of 55% plastic packaging is recycled on the Polish market
- Conducting effective citizen engagement in the field of reduction, reuse, sorting and recycling of packaging.